Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A place for my books!!!

                 If you ask me what any vivid readers would say when someone asks them how they arrange their books in their shelves, I absolutely don't have an answer. The reason behind my inability to answer this question is a quote. Yes here is the quote I came across long ago,
                    
              “There are two kinds of people in this world. The one who reads and the others who don’t.” 
               
                For me all those who don’t read are same. They are all ordinary humans. But coming to the readers, I defer. I am unable to predict the whims and fancies of the readers as a whole. Every one of us has our own world into which others cannot enter. Let me confine myself to talk only about my book shelf so that I can somewhat possibly express my thoughts in a right manner.  

                One of my friends asked me once, “Why are you so obsessed with books?” I said “What seems love to me obviously seems obsession or madness to others.” Yes I am obsessed with what others calls reading (what I call living) because of which I got caught to my professor while I was reading a book during his session.  If someone asks you to show any person whose life got changed by books, feel free to call me. What I am today to this world is the one who got nurtured and carved by my books inch by inch.   
                
               As I said once, “Books in my shelves tells two stories, one that was written by the author and other is the times of my life while I read them.” When I buy new books, I keep them as it is, beside my pillow for 2 to 3 nights. I do not open them as soon as I get it. I want to experience that urge to fall into them. I see them as a new friends waiting for me to come and hold their hands and walk together. My selection of a book to start reading doesn’t seem to have any meaning. But they do involve my instinct's voice. When I randomly go through the rack of new books, I could identify the one I need to go with at that moment of my life. It depends on how are my times at that time. Some books fail to surprise me. Some do, beyond my expectation. It’s all in my reading game.  
               
                   
              Whenever I arrange my new books in shelves, I use to be conscious in selecting a perfect place for each of them. I feel like I am accommodating them in my home and I want to make them feel as if it’s their home.  After I allot a space for them, I could hear them wishing me “Thanks”. I could see them starting conversation with their neighbouring books. I could hear the gossips between the books I had lived and books I am yet to live with. I use to think they are gossiping about me and let them continue. I do not interfere. I don’t want to, because I could see them getting adapted to their new surroundings.
            When I finish a book, I kiss it in front before I place it back. Many times I sensed a chaos between my unread books to avail their opportunity to come into my hands. Lovely books they are.  
            If I leave my room, I bid them good bye and when I come in, they welcome me with warm and cheerful smiles and makes me forget my claustrophobia. 

      Place for my books is not just a place in my shelf, but also a place in my heart and in my life.          
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment